This past week at the TCEA 2012 conference, I had to put everything on hold to setup a questionnaire. Since I’d transitioned our Moodle 1.9.x to 2.2 version, running the latest version of the beloved Questionnaire module, I figured everything would work great (no, I didn’t really think that). In all seriousness, I found myself trying to get guest users access to a questionnaire (embedded in Moodle 2.2) that would be filled out by tons of folks.
- One gentleman from Eagle-Mountain Saginaw ISD called me on the phone and helped troubleshoot the issue. In fact, he figured it out all on his own! Amazing! Thank you!
- Have you done an override in activity permissions. YES
- Well I don’t have much experience of Questionnaire in 2 but in 1.9 you need to give guests permission to complete a questionnaire so I would say – go to the Settings block for your questionnaire and click Permissions and ensure you have allowed (with a +) guests to complete a questionnaire. YES I HAVE.
- Actually- I have a vague memory of guests not being able to do questionnaires in Moodle 2 and when I went to moodle.org it was confirmed – http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=167991
- Questionnaire module locked down and eliminating my top use of it in K-12 schools–allowing anonymous takers of the questionnaire to fill it out and submit results.
- File management in Moodle 2.2 is just crazy, I don’t care what those people think or say. Who came up with this craziness?!? I heard this complaint over and over at Moodle Academy last week at the TCEA 2012 State Conference. Wake up, Moodle Developers!!
- Did you know that enabling guest access on a Moodle 2.2 is a pain in the rear?
“You are not eligible to take this questionnaire.”
5) Override Guest Permissions in Questionnaire Settings
So, what other alternatives remain for self-hosted survey tools?
- Setup a login/pwd that anyone can use. Defeats the purpose. yuck.
- Use LimeSurvey.
- You tell me.
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner