|Adapted from http://goo.gl/YBU4T|
As I shared in my previous blog entry, 7 Ways to Collect Student Work in an iPad Classroom, I’m preparing for a 1-hour workshop I’m facilitating next week. Of course, I’m also developing short video tutorials on a variety of topics since there’s no way to show all the trouble one can get into in such a short period of time.
Disclaimer: Now, I’ve been told by video-savvy colleagues that my rough-hewn videos are terrible. So, there you go. . .I can’t set the bar any lower for these quick tutorials I’ve created with ExplainEverything (watch this YouTube video tutorial on EE) on the iPad.
- WebDav Navigator ($0.00) – A no-cost app that allows you to open WebDav servers (e.g. ECCLOUD) and put/get files.
- Apple’s Keynote ($9.99) – This is a presentation tool that has built-in support for WebDav and is my favorite presentation tool because of how easy it is to embed video in slides.
- Office2HD ($7.99) – An easy to use, versatile iPad-based Office suite that features word processor, spreadsheet, and presentation tools that are compatible with MS Office formats (e.g. doc, xls, ppt). It’s versatile because it opens both WebDav and GoogleDocs/Drive, as well as other cloud storage providers.
On a Computer:
- Overview of Owncloud.org via your Internet Browser (link updated)
On an iPad:
- Using WebDav Navigator
- Open an Excel (XLS) spreadsheet on ECCLOUD in Office2HD via WebDav Navigator
- Saving an image or video in the Camera Roll to ECCLOUD. This works for apps like Popplet, Videolicious and Splice that save to Camera Roll.
- Keynote app:
- Creating, then saving a document to Cloud Storage Services (e.g. WebDAV, GoogleDocs/Drive)
- Opening a document from ECCLOUD
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner