|Click image above to view full size
Note: Apply online at http://www.ecisd.net and/or call 210-477-7886
EAST CENTRAL INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
Network Services Engineer – Revised
May 15, 2013
The position of Network Services Engineer will be available immediately. Employees of the district may apply in writing to the Personnel office. Others who are interested in this position may submit an application online at www.ecisd.net and then contact the Personnel Office at 648-7861 to express interest.
The deadline for submitting an application is May 28, 2013.
Primary Purpose: Coordinate Network Services, as well as perform on-site technical work to install and maintain computer equipment, network and software applications throughout the district.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install network hardware (including wireless network), as well as recommend changes in computer hardware and software system to effect improvements, reduce costs, and improve efficiency on a district-wide basis.
- Responsible for the direction, management, maintenance and support of Virtual Private Networks (VPN), VOIP endpoints, DHCP scopes, TCP/IP Addressing and subnetting, virtualized servers (e.g. VMWare, VSphere), and Storage Area Network (SAN) in a Cisco-based solution environment.
- Responsible for enterprise wide server, client, and gateway antivirus (e.g. Sophos) and anti-malware security.
- Familiar with network monitoring (e.g. SolarWinds), email archiving (e.g. DataCove), data backup (e.g. BackupExec), network bandwidth shaping (e.g. Exinda), network security (e.g. Fortinet), video surveillance (e.g. Video-Insight), content filtering (e.g. Trustwave).
- Supervise Network Services Support staff, including full-time, part-time, vendors, and contracted consultants.
- Participate in eRate planning and deployments.
- Oversee district technology budget appropriate to job functions, including acquisition of vendor quotes.
- Support services from Region 20 mainframe system.
- Perform tasks related to basic network connectivity including: running cables, termination of cat 5E jacks, tracing network connections, and troubleshooting and replacing nonfunctional connections.
- Advise and assist District staff in the application of new and emerging network technology.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- May require evenings and holiday work hours.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent (e.g. CompTIA Network+, Security+), preferred.
- Cisco Certified Network Assistant (CCNA) or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 year’s experience in setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting Cisco network and other peripherals, router/switch configuration.
- Experience with Active Directory, and Open Directory preferred.
- Experience with Linux, Windows and Mac OS Desktops and Laptops, as well as mobile devices (e.g. iOS, Android).
- Possess and retain a valid state of Texas driver’s License and be acceptable to the East Central School District insurance issuing authority for the operations of school district vehicles in the performance of assigned duties.
Equipment used: Computer, service tools, motor vehicle, telephone.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Climbing, stooping, bending, heavy lifting, and kneeling; frequent use of small hand tools and electronic test equipment; frequent district-wide travel between schools. Occasional prolonged and irregular hours, including nights and weekends as needed. Normal classroom/office environments, and work around electrical energy.
Period of Employment: 226 days
Salary: Administration Pay Scale 104 (MidPoint is $342 per day)
Gary Patterson, Superintendent of Schools
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online at http://www.ecisd.net and/or call 210-477-7886