iPad – Creating and Telling Social Stories with Your iPad
In this hands-on session, learn how to blend images and sound into a video social story using your iPad. Learn how you can use inexpensive apps on the iPad to easily create social stories for those within the autism spectrum.
Note: This session developed in collaboration with Janis Arnold (Educational Diagnostician).
- “Social Stories were devised as a tool to help individuals on the autism spectrum better understand the nuances of interpersonal communication so that they could interact in an effective and appropriate manner” (Source: Wikipedia).
5-minute Interview with Janis Arnold, Educational Diagnostician
Creating a Social Story with 30Hands (not yet available)
- Telling Social Stories with the iPad – A Blog Entry.
- Workflow for Creating a Social Story
- Storytelling Apps
- Book: Building Social Relationship by Dr. Scott Bellini
- Transcript: Autism Women’s Network Interview with Temple Grandin
Check out Miguel’s Workshop Materials online at http://mglearns.wikispaces.com