EAST CENTRAL INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
Job Announcement – July 15, 2013
Instructional Technology Specialist
The position for Instructional Technology Specialist will be available in the East Central Independent School District for the 2013- 2014 school year. Employees of the District may apply in writing to the Personnel Office. Others who are interested in this position may apply online at http://www.ecisd.net and then contact the Personnel Office at 210-648-7861 to express interest.
The deadline for submitting an application is 4:00 PM, Wednesday, July 24, 2013 or until position is filled.
Primary Purpose: Coordinate and maintain mobile learning initiatives (e.g. EC3 iPad-based Program) and district projects relating to 1) technology-based professional learning opportunities (face to face and online) for campus and district administrators, faculty and staff; and, 2) coordination of efforts aligned to the District Technology Plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Director of Technology in managing Department’s tasks and providing guidance to personnel as they work to achieve the District’s Technology Plan aligned to State and Federal law and expectations.
- Provide leadership and technical expertise to district personnel in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of effective instructional technology.
- Identify technology proficiencies of teachers, support staff, and administrators, developing and implementing both online and face to face professional learning opportunities to address identified needs.
- Develop and implement online professional learning opportunities to address district-wide identified needs in collaboration with district subject matter experts (e.g. Human Resources, Curriculum).
- Participate in the development and implementation of comprehensive staff development plan for the use of instructional technology providing feedback to teachers as they implement technology rich lessons.
- Coordinate the writing of curriculum for technology programs and monitor the instructional process in all content areas using technology.
- Disseminate information in print and online venues, including electronic media, regarding current research and significant developments in technology education at the state and national level.
- Develop and implement a continuing evaluation of the instructional technology program and implement changes based on the findings.
- Provide support and training for electronic online systems including—but not limited to—electronic gradebook and attendance systems, web-based learning (e.g. Eduphoria Suite), content (e.g. SchoolFusion, GoogleSites) and curriculum management systems (e.g. Education Learning).
- Provide support and guidance in the management of electronic employee appraisal systems, discipline management, lesson plan management, and other digital systems.
- Collaborate and supervise effective inventory management practices with and through the efforts of campus technology coordinators and appropriate district staff.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures regarding technology issues.
- Provide training for instructional, support, and administrative staff in activity-oriented, hands-on programs that will improve
productivity through application of technology.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state law, State Board of Education rule, and local board policy in the area of
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the district technology plan.
- Collaborate with district staff on development of STaR Charts and other information for submittal of eRate.
Note: Not all applicants will be interviewed. Each applicant’s resume, application, and other available information will be considered in the screening process. Only those persons currently meeting all of the minimum requirements will be screened.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Certified K-12 teacher with at least three years of recent teaching experience in a school setting.
3. Three years of experience using Windows and Macintosh computers, as well as mobile devices (e.g. Android, iOS) within the last
4. Specialized training in educational and productivity software.
5. Curriculum planning and development experience.
6. Experience using current instructional strategies within the context of a technology-enhanced learning environment.
7. Experience in planning, implementing and evaluating technology-based adult training programs.
8. Experience providing technical support for beginning technology users, preferably in educational settings.
9. Experience using a variety of technology-based systems and platforms in instruction, instructional support and instructional
10. Demonstrated communication skills — written and oral. 11. Demonstrated organizational skills.
12. Demonstrated problem-solving skills. 13. Management style compatible with the position. 14. Must be willing to work flexible hours as required.
EQUIPMENT USED: Computer, printer, digital cameras, video equipment, scanners, service tools, software programs.
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT: 226 days-basis
SALARY: Based on 2013/2014 Classroom Teacher Salary Scale
Check out Miguel’s Workshop Materials online at http://mglearns.wikispaces.com