|Check out the TCEA 2014 Google Academy|
Earlier today, I had the opportunity to attend the TCEA 2014 Google Academy with the ECISD Technology Operations Instructional Technology team members:
|From Left to Right: Jacob Ortega (@techortega), Marguerite Lowak (@mlowak), Mary Ray (@mray29), Miguel Guhlin (@mguhlin)|
. The introduction was given by Monica Martinez (TCEA Director of Professional Learning):
|Listen to Monica’s Introduction|
The keynote speaker was Liz Anderson, who works for Google:
In her keynote, she points out that it is now possible to give every student access to a world of information on the web, through a device and in collaboration with others around the globe. With over 30 million active users of GoogleApps for Education. Some points she shares include the following:
- Educators are the disruptors, the people who will come up with the content.
- What Google will do is provide the platform to make your innovation easier.
- Going Google means adopting a culture that extends beyond the classroom.
- Access to digital content empowers students and teachers.
- Students and teachers can work together anytime, anywhere
- Because Google exists, learning facts is less important. The shift is to focus on collaboration, insights, diverse perspectives…and students can do that in real time.
- Manage 4 devices or 40K all from a web browser. Wherever you are, the Google tools are the same for every user creating a consistent experience for all.
- Over 30 million active education users (students and staff)