It’s easy to pass up 25gigs of free storage, especially when I already have 16gigs free on Dropbox, 20 gigs on GoogleDrive in addition to the free storage they provide. Still, I decided to sign up for a free Hubic account because it’s kept in France, which is where my primary email provider (Gandi.net) is.
Why did I take my business out of the U.S.? Well, that’s a 3-letter answer–NSA.
That aside, some features I immediately noticed that Hubic is missing:
- selective sync
- easy app-based move files around from folder to folder (no problem on the web though)
- image previews
- sharing files (“publish”) for longer than 5, 10, or 30 day increments they provide (this is a biggie for me since I often use Dropbox for podcast storage sharing, both videos/audio).
- Nice web interface
- Auto-upload camera images to storage
- Cross-platform for the most part, esp on Android and iOS
- Linux version is in beta, so I hope it will get going.
Make Donations via PayPal below: