Blatant Advertising #moodle
Published Articles/Blog Entries I’ve Written About Moodle (or that refer to it):
- How to Manage Your District’s Online Learning Opportunities (Education World)
- 5 Essential Technology Tools for Administrators (Education World)
- Doing the Moodle Mambo
- Moodle Habitudes: Constructing Online Learning Environments
- Book Review – Moodle 1.9: E-Learning Course Development by William Rice
- Why Moodle? A few reasons culled from around the Web using Google
- Moodle-izing Your Education Enterprise (to appear in Education World 03/2009) – View draft copy
Moodle Tips Series:
Moodle Tips Roundup – a list of tips I’ve picked up in my Moodle journey. Here’s the list:
- Session Cookies – Have more than one moodle on your server? here’s how to keep them from fighting over the cookies!
- Copying Content from One Course to Another – A walkthrough of how to import content from one course to another. Saves time and energy to do it this way!
- Adding a Photo Gallery – Walks through adding a photo gallery to your Moodle. Quite easy to use and impressive tool available.
- Removing “Topic Outline” and “Available Courses” from your Moodle – It can be annoying to see these words appear where you don’t want them. Here are several approaches.
- Empowering Teachers to Create/Delete Users – Give teachers the authority only administrators have to create and remove students from their course, without giving them full admin rights.
- Quick Backup of a Moodle Database – Some tips on backing up your Moodle, especially on a Mac, using no-cost tools.
- Keeping Moodle Safe – Some accumulated tips on how to protect your Moodle against spam, etc.
- Moodle Cron Job Automation – Cron jobs make Moodle go. Find out how here.
- Handling Student Accounts and Email – Here are some suggestions on what to do about managing student accounts and email.
- 3 Tips for RSS Feeds – Want RSS feeds for your discussion forums? Want to remix Moodle Feeds or pull in remote RSS feeds? This is the entry to read!
- Moodle-Google Integration – Find out about how to integrate Moodle and Google, to simplify account management for students and educators using GoogleApps for Education.
- Finding Moodle Hosts – Can’t host Moodle on your own server? Use one on the web.
- Reducing Spam Risk with reCaptcha and Spam Domain list – Some things you can do to protect against spam if you have to do email authentication/self-registration in Moodle.
- Top Moodle Blocks, Filters, and Modules – Enhancing Moodle is all well and good but how do you know what enhancements to make? Here are a few that I prefer and I’m open to suggestions.
- Free Themes for Moodle – As soon as I installed Moodle, I started looking for ways to “liven” it up and found a treasure trove of free themes.
- Enabling Embedding of Video Playlists – This tip shows you where to click to enable TeacherTube, YouTube videos, etc. and videos from various providers in your Moodle sidebar (or anywhere).
- More are being added, so be sure to visit the Moodle Tips Roundup web site
Make Donations via PayPal below:
Everything posted on Miguel Guhlin’s blogs/wikis are his personal opinion and do not necessarily represent the views of his employer(s) or its clients. Read Full Disclosure