Two nights ago, I decided to try out a new app–Clean Master–on my Android phone. It allows you to selectively turn android programs off. Next thing I knew, I had to reset my Samsung Galaxy S4 back to factory settings and then reload it. So, I won’t be doing that again. Of course, I had to revisit my list of favorite Android apps.
|Image Source: http://goo.gl/LWj1WM|
Here are 27 essential apps (in my opinion) I loaded on it:
- AccuWeather – Great for getting that morning weather forecast!
- Aldiko – Allows me to read all my ePub books, as well as view other file formats.
- ASTRO File Manager – Never know when you’ll need an easy way to poke around the innards of your Android phone’s file system, or FTP files, or share content to Dropbox, Drive, etc.
- Battery Doctor – A wonderful battery saver that works great! Lots of nice features.
- Blogger – In case I need to blog (or more likely, correct) from my phone, this does the job.
- Bloove Agent – I’ve already written about Bloove, but think of it as a bulk SMS tool for sending text messages.
- Cal – A simple, beautiful calendar interface.
- Clean Master – Nice tool for keeping your phone clean and free of junk that slows it down. Just be careful with it.
- CloudMagic – My FAVORITE email program, supports Gmail, MS Exchange ActivSync, and allows you to easily drop emails into “cards” such as Evernote, Pocket, etc. GREAT!
- EasyTether Pro – This is how I am able to use my phone as an Internet connection via USB cable without paying extra money to my provider.
- Evernote & Evernote Widget – Great scanning and annotation tool, as well as notes, etc.
- Facebook – Keep up with family.
- Flash 3gp Video Player – Flash video player. Haven’t used it yet.
- Ftp server – One of my favorite FTP Servers…makes it very easy to connect to my phone and upload files.
- GreatClips – Never know when you need a haircut and this allows one to schedule appointments. I would get irritated that I’d have to wait 30 minutes for a haircut, but now with this app, it’s a lot faster.
- Handcent SMS – A great SMS/texting app that includes speech to text.
- Hi-Q MP3 Recorder – A high quality MP3 audio recorder. Comes in free and paid version; the paid version is worth it.
- hubiC – Free cloud storage, 25 gigs, based in France.
- i-nigma – QR code reader.
- KeePassDroid – Helps me keep track of my top secret passwords.
- Messenger – Facebook’s instant messaging app. Quite nice.
- Pocket – ReadItLater’s Pocket is great for bookmarking and saving content for offline viewing.
- Regal – Check out the movie schedule.
- S.S.E. – A fantastic encryption for files and folders. Works on all platforms so this means I can encrypt content on my computer, store it on my phone in encrypted format, unencrypt it when needed, securely wipe it when done.
- ShareMyApps – The app that I used to quickly export a list of apps from my device.
- Twitter – Obvious, huh?
- WhatsApp – An international app that is great for sending voice messages to others in your contacts. Costs $.99.
View my Flipboard Magazine.
Make Donations via PayPal below: