Here are a few resources for hour of code from a blog entry I wrote for TCEA TechNotes blog…read the complete blog entry, Made with Code.
Apps and Programs by Grade Level
- Grades PreK-2
- Grades 3-8
- Code.org: Write your first computer program featuring Angry Birds
- Touch Develop: Combine this with Microsoft’s Creative Coding through Games and Apps (CCGA) curriculum for a rich variety of coding on the go.
- Scratch: Create a holiday card
- Tynker: Build your own game.
- Robomind Academy: Program a virtual robot.
- Hopscotch: Code on your iPad and explore math concepts like units of measure, degrees, angles, coordinate planes.
- Grades 6-12
- In addition to Code.org, Scratch, Touch Develop, consider these additional age-appropriate coding tools:
Find more resources online at the web sites below:
- Code.org Educator Resources
- K-12 Curriculum Suggestions
- Code.org’s K-5 Curriculum
- Code.org’s K-8 Intro Course